Saturday 7 April 2012


Day 13..........................Nice and Easy

 I have been in town 24 hours and have made myself three new girlfriends, look out Vickie!

First up is Sandi form Omeo Caravan Park, who kindly let us stay for free after she heard what we were up to, and is a supporter of the BNT. Her property is set in Omeo town centre along the river and is a beautiful location for a camp ground.


Then there is Jo from FoodWork Omeo, one of the great stores from the FoodWorks that are on-board with run BNT, and she spoiled us with great items in store.


Lastly, but my favourite is Eileen, what a lovely lady, she still sits in the main street making wool in the traditional way. We met her at the market that they had in town today.

I knocked off a 20km run into town this yesterday morning, easy through the valley to the town centre. I was a little sore from the days before, so just as well the trail was easy on me!
I spent the afternoon looking around the old colonial town sipping lattes and helping Vickie get some jobs done…Yes you still have to do the washing on adventures!
Met with a friend of Vickie’s friend in the evening, what a nice couple they are, we even stayed for dinner, taking me back to my youth with fish finger sandwiches! We didn’t bother heading back to the campsite some 200 meters away and opted for their nature strip…this is the country guys, the nature strips are 3 acres!

No comments:

Post a Comment